Do you have adequate health insurance to cover yourself and your family financially?
With Kotak Health Super Top Up, a top up health insurance plan you can get higher health insurance coverage at affordable rates. Our Super Top Up policy works alongside the basic health insurance policy and enhances it to provide a larger coverage at a much lower premium. The initial expenses (called deductible) can be covered under your existing policy (personal or corporate) or borne by you. Once this deductible amount is crossed, Super Top Up Insurance becomes active and pays the excess amount. This means, you can still opt for our health insurance top up plan even if you don’t have any existing health insurance.
We at Kotak General Insurance understand the rising cost of medical treatments and considering the growing costs, we have designed our Super Top Up Policy. Following are the key benefits you get with our super top up health insurance plan
- In Patient Treatment – Covers medical expenses arising out of minimum 24hrs of hospitalization
- Day Care Treatment –Covers medical expenses arising out of listed 405 day care procedures
- Pre & Post Hospitalization – Covers upto 30 days of pre & upto 60 days of post hospitalization medical expenses
- Ambulance Cover – Covers ambulance expenses of upto INR 2000 per hospitalization
- Organ Donor Cover – Covers hospitalization expenses of the donor in case of an organ transplant
- Alternative Treatment – Covers medical expenses arising out of treatments related to Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha, etc. upto INR 50000/-
- Restoration of Sum Insured –100% restoration of the sum insured for claims due to unrelated illness in a Policy year
- Double Sum Insured for Hospitalization due to Accident – Additional sum insured over & above base sum insured to cover in-patient hospitalization expenses in the event of an accident subject to maximum payout of 40 lacs
- Cumulative Bonus – 10% additional annual sum insured for every claim free year upto a maximum of 50%
- Cover your entire family under one plan.
- Choose from multiple plan variants depending on your requirement.
- Wide range of Sum Insured options and deductibles available catering to every pocket.
- Opt for a long term cover of 2 or 3 years and stay covered for longer.
- Save tax u/s 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961*.
*Tax benefit u/s 80 D of the Income Tax Act, 1961 mentioned herein is subject to the fulfillment of the conditions mentioned in the Income Tax Act. Please consult your tax advisor for details.
Register a Claim/Claim Process
Cashless Claim Process
Step 1: In case of a planned hospitalisation, take a pre-authorisation by informing us 48 hours prior to the admission
Step 2: In case of an unplanned hospitalisation, intimate to us about your claim by calling 1 800 266 4545 within 24 hours of the admission
Step 3: Use our Policy Certificate to avail of the cashless facility at any of our network hospitals
Step 1: Intimate us by calling 1 800 266 4545 immediately on hospitalisation
Step 2: Settle bills directly with the hospital and collect all relevant documents
Step 3: Within 30 days of discharge, submit all the original documents to us
For a smooth and hassle free claims experience, it is important to understand the exclusions in your policy. For a complete list of all exclusions, please refer to the policy wordings in the download section of our website.
Pre-existing disease Waiting Periods: Any pre-existing disease will not be covered under the policy for a waiting period mentioned in the policy schedule and as per the plan option chosen.
30 day waiting period: This includes any illness contracted or medical expenses incurred within 30 days of commencement of the policy unless due to an accident. This exclusion also doesn’t apply to the renewal of policy with us or to anyone whose policy has been accepted under the portability benefit.
2 year waiting period: This exclusion includes medical expenses incurred for certain specified illnesses or conditions like Hernia, Fissures/Fistula, Arthritis, Gout etc. during the first 2 consecutive years of the commencement of the policy.
Permanent exclusions: Claims related to criminal acts, HIV/AIDS, procedures or treatments like routine health check-ups, dental treatments, aesthetic or cosmetic surgeries, injury or illness due to abuse of intoxicating substances etc. are permanently excluded from the scope of coverage.