- Covid Hospitalization Cover - Expenses incurred on hospitalization for the treatment of Covid on Positive diagnosis of Covid in a government authorized diagnostic centre including pre-hospitalization expenses for a period of 15 days and post hospitalization expenses for a period of 30 days. Hospitalization should be for a minimum period of 24 consecutive hours.
- Road Ambulance - Expenses incurred on road ambulance.
- Home Care Treatment Expenses - Expenses incurred on treatment availed at home for Covid on positive diagnosis of Covid in a Government authorized diagnostic Centre maximum up to 14 days per incident
- AYUSH Coverage - Expenses incurred on hospitalization under AYUSH Treatment.
- Optional Cover - Hospital Daily Cash: 0.5% of sum insured will be paid per day for each 24 hours of continuous hospitalization for treatment of Covid following an admissible hospitalization claim. The benefit shall be payable maximum up to 15 days during a policy period in respect of every insured person.
The total amount payable in respect of Covers listed above shall not exceed 100% of the Sum Insured during a policy period.
- The minimum sum insured is INR 50,000 and maximum sum insured is INR 5 Lacs (in multiples of Rs 50,000)
- On Individual basis – Sum Insured shall apply to each individual family member
- On Floater basis – Sum Insured shall apply to the entire family
Three and Half Months (3 ½ months), Six and Half Months (6 ½ months), Nine and Half Months (9 ½ months) including waiting period.
Policy can be availed by persons between the age of 18 years up to 65 years as Proposer. Proposer with higher age can obtain policy for family, without covering self.
Policy can be availed for self and the following family members
- legally wedded spouse
- Parents and Parents-in-law
- Dependent Children (i.e. natural or legally adopted) between the day 1 of age to 25 years. If the child above 18 years of age is financially independent, he or she shall be ineligible.
First Fifteen Days Waiting Period
Expenses related to the treatment of Covid within 15 days from the policy commencement date shall be excluded
Major exclusions in the policy
Following is a partial list of the policy exclusions. Please refer to the policy document for the complete list of exclusions:
- Admission primarily for investigation & evaluation
- Admission primarily for rest Cure, rehabilitation and respite care
- Any claim in relation to Covid where it has been diagnosed prior to Policy Start Date.
- Day Care treatment and OPD treatment
The Company may cancel the policy at any time on grounds of misrepresentation, non-disclosure of material facts fraud by the Insured Person by giving 7 days’ written notice. There would be no refund of premium on cancellation on grounds of mis-representation, non-disclosure of material facts or fraud.
RENEWAL, PORTABILITY AND MIGRATION
Lifelong renewability, migration and portability are not applicable.